Thursday 5 October 2017

Best Wishes

Hi bloggers!  Today's card shows a completely different use for the Atlantic Ocean Background.  I cut one of them leaving a wide border.  I backed it with black card and then cut the centre out of it and then added mounting foam to the back of it.  I cut the die a second time, but cut the outer edge right around the edge of the die.  Next I used a piece of black gloss card and coated it with glue.  I tapped on various shades of pixie powders (Midnight blue, rich gold, olive green) until the entire glue area was covered, then I heated it.  I kept heating it until all the glue had bubbled and then finally stopped.  I used the Heated Pearl background and mounted the first frame over it.  I turned the second frame in to a diamond orientation and glued it into place.  I cut the Striped Nasturtium flower with a white backing and a black outline over the top.  I seated it on a white satin bow and added leaves cut from the Family Tree die.  I stamped my sentiment and cut it out with the Stitched Flags die set and attached it across the middle of the card, tucking the end under the flower.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  the finished dimensions are 7" x  7" in size.  All for now, Sue x




                                                    Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: